Breaking News

Is Noel Gallagher's New Album Finished?


Yesterday Reverend & The Makers‏ posted this on the official Twitter page.







































Speaking to the NME in April 2016, Noel said that for his third solo record he’ll be mixing things up. “I am doing something different this time, to amuse myself – I am writing in the studio for the first time. As a rule I’ve not allowed myself to go in with any completed songs, so I am writing in there, it’s happening all around me during the day.”

“Usually I’ll go in, play a song, record an acoustic version of it and then I’ll think of something and we’ll head toward it. Everything we do is a forward motion toward that point. When you’re writing in the studio you don’t know where you’re going, so the flavour of it all can constantly shift. It’s a bit chaotic but the end results are great so far.”

May 2016, producer David Holmes told Gigwise .“People are going to be surprised. I think people love Noel and they’re desperate for him to make a really big, bold, uptempo beast of a record – a lot of Noel’s music is quite mid-tempo. This one is quite fun.”

Noel spoke about the as yet untitled album again in an interview in June 2016, saying that it’s shaping up to be a “rock’n’roll record”. “Can I point out that it’s not electronic? Everyone thinks that it’s an electronic record, and it isn’t,” He told Exclaim. “Well, not yet, anyway. The first six tracks aren’t electronic. For some reason they all associate David with electronic music. To be honest, I was hoping we might do something electronic, but it’s turning out to be a rock’n’roll record, which is fine with me".

During an appearance on his pal Russell Brand’s radio show last month Noel let slip that the album is being scheduled for a November release. He confirmed that there will be a track called ‘Instrumental Number Three’.

No comments