Breaking News

Noel Gallagher To Take Part In A Special Evening For John Motson Later Today


Later today at 21:00 (UK Time) BBC Two will dedicate an evening to John Motson, he has provided commentary on 10 World Cup finals, 10 European Championships, 29 FA Cup Finals, 200 England internationals and more than 2000 football matches.

Noel Gallagher and more will pay tribute in Motty: The Man Behind The Sheepskin, a journey around the football grounds that have provided the backdrop for the broadcaster’s commentaries.

On hanging up his microphone for the last time, Motson said: “I’m truly humbled that the BBC is dedicating such a special evening to me.

"I’ve been very lucky to have witnessed some incredibly special moments in football and I look forward to sitting down with my family, and many football fans in the country, to look back on the past 50 years.”

No comments