Breaking News

David Beckham On Oasis, The Stone Roses And Manchester


David Beckham has said that he had to keep his love of Oasis a secret while at Manchester United because it was 'frowned upon' as the majority of the band supported Manchester City.

He told SoccerBible “I used to go to the odd Oasis gig even though it was frowned upon them being City fans and me being a United fan and a United player. But being in Manchester in the nineties, it was just part of the culture.”

He added that he regularly meets up with Noel Gallagher, as well as members of The Stone Roses.

“I loved those bands, but as soon as we’re together all we talk about is football and it’s the first thing they want to talk about. I sit with Noel and all he wants to talk about is how crap United were and how great City are. Same with Browny and a couple of the other guys. Mani is such a massive United fan. He loves a chat. He doesn’t struggle with words. All he ever wants to talk about is the youth team, reserve team, ‘99’.”

“The nineties were such a massive moment for Manchester culture, and that’s when I discovered how much I loved the music.”

No comments