Breaking News

Liam Gallagher On Yoko Ono


Liam Gallagher has spoken to the NME Gold about Yoko Ono, he said "She was nice, really nice to me".

He said "I went to the Dakota once, I was in a hotel, and one of my mates went 'You should try and meet Yoko,' It was when (my son) Lennon was born or a couple of months after, I went, 'nah, I'm not into all that bollocks, meeting people.' And he's like, 'Just let me make a call.' So he does it, and then he goes 'You'll never guess what's happened. They've just got back and said do you want a morning meeting or an evening meeting?' I was sat at the bar, going 'Leave it out.' So for a joke I said, I'll have a morning meeting. Next morning. I'm having breakfast and he's like 'We've got to go, it's on.' We were at a hotel down the road, so I had a quick little quick drink to calm my nerves, walked up the roadand the geezer's going 'Can I help you, sir?' and I went. 'yeah it's Mr Gallagher.' So we go through the forecourt into this little lift, one of those old wind-up lifts".

He added "We go to her floor - I won't say what floor she's on - press the number, and she opened the door. She's like 'D'you want a cup of tea?' and we start talking. She was nice, really nice to me. On one of her banners it says "While I've been hibernating I've been gathering wings'. I've been trying to get that in a song for ages. I could never get it in, but I got it on 'I've All I need' on the new album. Got it in, man. After all these years."

No comments